We made a little progress. The changing table is done!...well maybe...the knobs, I placed a little close together. Josh says it looks okay. I am a perfectionist so if it drives me crazy I will separate them...but it is ok for now =)
I got this changing table on Craigslist for $30! I love to score sweet deals...and I love even more to re-do furniture! It wasn't bad looking before but I wanted it to be white...so first we re-enforced the bottom shelves with some wood. I wanted to make sure they were sturdy and I was able to store heavy stuff on the bottom, if I needed to.
Now, you could seal it and I heard that Varathane Floor Finish sealer was the best, especially if you are painting white. This will prevent the paint from chipping and protect it without it turning yellowish. We decided not to use a sealer because it is just a changing table and it won't get bumped around too much.
Now, we are no professionals but I think this turned out pretty well and will go with the nursery much better than the light wood color. On to the next project for baby girl!